Sept. 14, 2021

EP#30 The Future of Venture Capital

EP#30 The Future of Venture Capital

My best advice to founders, VCs and members of the startup ecosystem to get ahead: spend 30% of your time doing favors for other people asking for nothing in return. The remaining 70% of your time will be 10x more effective.


My best advice to founders, VCs and members of the startup ecosystem to get ahead: spend 30% of your time doing favors for other people asking for nothing in return. The remaining 70% of your time will be 10x more effective. Raised $48m+ for startups I founded by the age of 28 years old. General Partner at 7BC Venture Capital, a VC fund focused on investing in AI, fintech, software infrastructure, enterprise and consumer software and internet tech startups with traction (www.7bc.vc). Active General Partner at Rubicon Venture Capital (now fully deployed with 7BC currently investing in growth follow on rounds of Rubicon portfolio companies), a VC fund with offices in San Francisco and New York City (www.rubicon.vc). We raise our capital from corporates, individual HNWI angel investors, family offices, sovereign wealth funds and institutional LPs creating a powerful network ready to help our startups around the globe. Key differentiators: we are international with a truly global footprint of active LPs ready to support our startups, sizable network of angel LPs that are VC-backed founders in Silicon Valley, Austin, NYC and across the US, corporate network and expertise on CVC gives us access to CEOs and c-suites of large corporates and conglomerates which enables us to add value to our startups. Experience as a VC, founder and CEO of VC-backed tech ventures, biz dev and sales director, investment banker advising startups and VCs on fundraising and M&A and active angel investor. Author of two books on VC that are typically both in the top 10 on Amazon and my latest book on fintech and digitization of workflows. Advisor to corporates and governments on VC, CVC and FinTech. Host of podcast - Fireside with a VCSubscribe on Spotify and all platforms: anchor.fm/FiresideVCVideo podcast: youtube.com/c/AndrewRomansVC Multi-lingual, lived outside of the US for 15 years and travel to 15+ countries per year continuing to develop and animate the network, fully vaccinated and ready to travel with my US or UK passport now! Subscribe to Fireside with a VC - Video / Audio. Download free Chapter 1 from my book Masters of Corporate Venture Capital HERE. Download free Chapter on M&A from my book THE ENTREPRENEURIAL BIBLE TO VENTURE CAPITAL: Inside Secrets from the Leaders in the Startup Game HERE